Ignore a Folder When Using PUBLISH

Hi.
I have setup Git on one of my applications. So there is a .git folder in the root.
Now every time I hit PUBLISH button from the bottom bar, it uploads/synchronizes all contents of the .git folder.
This takes up a lot of time and I don’t even require my .git folder on the production server.
Any way to ignore folders when using PUBLISH option of Wappler?

In the FTP settings you can exclude files and folders so that they won’t be synced.

3 Likes

Perfect. That worked.
Should have re-checked the settings before posting. My bad. :sweat_smile:

2 Likes

This solution helps but I’d like to have the ability to right-click on a file or folder and select ‘don’t publish’ like other editors. The selected folders and file icons are then marked with a red cross (or similar) indicating they won’t be published. Of course, you can right-click again and select ‘publish’ to remove the crossed-out icon.

This method is particularly useful when you’re testing various pages. It’s quicker than inputting every page name into the settings (then deleting them later in case you use that file name again).

Here’s an example of old Expression Web’s version: https://postimg.cc/1nxM4QSD (not sure if DW did this. I didn’t use DW.)

2 Likes

Am I right that this is across all projects and not a setting specific to the current project? I have one project where I do want to publish the /images folder but another project where I don’t.

It’s a global option, affecting all projects.

I’ve posted a feature request as this needs to be at project level, too.

1 Like