If this is the only thing fixed in Wappler 6, I will get back hours of my life

Bit of tongue in cheek but this has been reported numerous times and is probably the most annoying thing when working with Wappler on a Mac. I have probably lost a couple of hours of my life due to this. Please Wappler Devs! I want my life back :innocent: :blush: :crazy_face:

That’s something we have never been able to replicate on our machines.
Have you ever recreated it in debug mode and attached the debug log in some topic? Also does it only happen when clicking the save all menu, or it also happens on cmd+s?

Every time I restart in debug mode it works, so basically a Wappler restart clears some sort of cache memory you have the server action residing in your wappler infrastructure or so it seems. So I restart, enter some data/make changes and it saves, then minutes later when I add changes to query, same story, but randomly some changes stick, some don’t.

I save using save all menu now - then it saves more times than cmd-s.

Well then leave Wappler in debug mode until this happens … after it happens if there are any errors/problems they will be stored in the debug log and then you can send it to us.

Got One!

report1690992971896.zip (232.2 KB)

I don’t think i see any errors in the log, but let’s see if @George sees anything weird.

This happens 100% of the time for me when I have One Drive or other file sync services running. The files don’t even have to be in a synchronized folder. It can be in a completely different folder but still happens.

It always confirms save with the success notifications, but it is :ru: roulette of another kind. Less deadly at least

I moved my files from a dropbox and icloud folder long ago when it was some other issue(Can’t remember) Using Git for version control and backups. Don’t think that would be an issue

But I have icloud sync, just not for the user folder

Yeah, it happens for me too when my project isn’t even in my One Drive folder. As long as One Drive is running in the back ground it happens for me regardless of where the file is located. I just pause One Drive syncing while I am working and the problem goes away.

Don’t think I can pause icloud - it just happens but for desktop+docs folder and icloud drive.

My projects folder is outside that. Not much I can do but hold thumbs.

Does this happens when you only use the Save All option?

What if you just use a single file save only? So just save the file you are working on. With cmd+s

I’ve noticed it with CMD+S and file>save and file>save all

I too moved all my projects to local and still see it happen from time to time

It has been reported before - would be good to see the back of this one

and

happens using both save methods and randomly, I have tried to decipher the secret “save code” by switching tabs before confirming changes and then saving or just clicking elsewhere inside the query modal, but sometimes it saves and sometimes not.

Maybe this can help.

When I’m in debug mode, I save the file, close the window, and (sometimes) crash the entire software.
In normal mode (sometimes) it only don’t save the file.
Happened 5/6 times today.

Last example
wappler.zip (2.1 KB)

This behavior is not related to macOS only.
If your projects files are stored on Google Drive on Windows (for example) you’ll get same behavior.
And yes - reported several times already.