I wonder If I could use Wappler

I’m really torn on whether to use Wappler or Bubble.
I’ve been looking for reviews and reading user comments for about 2-3 weeks now,
Wappler has endless features and Bubble can create anything you can imagine.
I’m actually leaning towards Wappler.
However, I have one last question.

I understand that Wappler is a low-code tool, not no-code.
In other words, it requires some development knowledge,
I’ve got Apach, Mysql, PHP on Ubuntu, WordPress, plugins, and a few other things.
I modified the source by Googling for some of the things I needed.

I’m not a developer, I can simply modify HTML, CSS, (created by others) through Googling. I created a Jotform and a MYSQL table in ZAPIER and linked them together to see the data accumulate.

Can I use Wappler to create the application I want? I really don’t know how much knowledge or background is needed for using Wappler and make it realize what I am thinking.
What I am trying to create is a web application with a dashboard and some logics for administrators and a mobile version of the application for end users. Not just a website, but application.

Please give me an honest answer.

I am about to choose between Wappler & Bubble.

Without knowing the details of what you are trying to build it is hard to say. But I can say that you can build pretty much anything with Wappler with the help from this community. We have A LOT of ex-bubblers that have moved over to Wappler.

The biggest difference will be that you are not tied to a specific host with Wappler like you are with Bubble. You own your code and are free to do what you want with it. I am sure some ex-bubblers will chime in here.

2 Likes

Hello @Hyun_seok_Yang
Welcome to the community!

I also remember having searched a lot for a tool that could easily allow me to develop applications and websites.
I don’t know bubble in depth but I’m sure that the fact that Wappler generates code that is 100% yours (no strings attached) makes it special.
The learning curve is perhaps somewhat different but it is an enjoyable journey, there are videos, tutorials, documentation not only from the team, but from users who want to share.
You can see that this community is always very active, humble and eager to help those who have difficulties achieving a goal.
I have seen incredible things done with Wappler, even from people with minimal or no knowledge at all.
You can see some projects on the Showcase category.
I highly recommend being here not only because of what the software offers but because of the people who will help if you’re on troubles.
Regarding the project you mention, would be nice if you can share some more info about it :slight_smile:

3 Likes

For someone who’s not coded before, I would think Bubble will get you to a finished application quicker than Wappler. But, and this is a huge but… you will be forever at the mercy of Bubble and the high charges for the use of your app. You would literally have to start all over again on another platform should you decide their direction/charges/features are not what you want.

So, I would encourage anyone to dive into Wappler, go through the many tutorials and really get to build apps and websites that will work where you want them to and not tie you into any hosting or frameworks.

Hi,

Wappler has a steep learning curve.
If you are serious about scaling and maintaining the app you want to build, go ahead with Wappler.
All the time you would invest in learning Wappler, and also the other things about coding, hosting your app and DB, will only make you a better developer.

If the app you wish to build is just a one-time thing, opt for Bubble. It will let you build and ship your app much faster. I have very limited knowledge of Bubble from something I did a year or two ago, for a few days. So not sure what the state of things is now… but it is still a no-code tool, so will be faster for you and you don’t have to think about “how-it-works”.

Interms of webapp/app with dashboard and logic for admin/multiple roles/user bases.
Wappler and bubble can both do that easily.

Mobile version, meaning just responsive or like app store? (if its app store, id imagine wappler would be easier to get on app store but I could be wrong)

I have a webapp currently on bubble.io, and I simply despise bubble.io at this stage, I only like it because it enabled me to start my business which is a great thing. But reliability, error handling, customer support on down time, lack of control (mainly with plugins, caused me multiple days of down time which can be simple one line fix but I cant because its a plugin). I am just not a fan at all.

I wish I had chose wappler at the start, however learning would of been harder, but if your confident in that this webapp could be a major investment/business/career for you, id recommend biting the bullet and learning wappler over bubble. Im currently migrating away from bubble.io and any time I saved by starting on bubble.io, I have lost 10x by trying to move off it and unlearning bad practices it can teach you, because its not easy to migrate off.

On bubble.io you can get started with lil knowledge, you’ll make some stupid stupid design decisions, I did for sure, and its been hell trying to work around and migrate from those bad decisions onto a more standard scaling design.

Oh also, fun fact, bubble.io had a major database outage on my cluster, where there was a fair risk of my data being lost, (wouldn’t be an issue if they allowed you to make simply backups via dump files, but no that would be too much control for a bubble user)

Oh also, I can 100% guarantee I am quicker with wappler/code vs bubble.io, not even close. (but I am also 100% code now, so I’m quicker in next.js over wappler and bubble now.)

4 Likes

Hey @Hyun_seok_Yang, welcome!

I could write details for a long time, but my answer is simple…

Use Wappler!

I used Bubble for 2 years and found both the product and the mentality of the owners have some serious problems.

3 Likes

@Antony Thank you so much for your kind words, I believe in your opinion.

Thanks @Hinky, your detailed experience really helped me to make a decision. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hi. @sitestreet
Thank you for your thoughtful comments.
It has helped me to make a decision. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hi. @sid
Thank you for your honest answer. I’ll have to use the wappler :slight_smile:

1 Like