I need to build an offline app for the desktop. Any help or better step by step instructions guide for Wappler would be awesome, please!

I’m sure you can integrate it without any problems, but you’ll need to test a lot of things, check console for errors, try, and try, and try, and if it has some js read about docs integrating javascript with the app connect framework in case you need it.

There’s no magical solution like copy and paste, but I think you can do it, and if not, this community will help you when you need some answers

thanks for the encouraging and honest answer, quite honestly i imagined the whole thing a bit easier now well i have to go through it if there is no other simpler solution for my idea… :confused:
one question is it possible to make the whole thing interactive at the end, i.e. that the individual slices of the circle could execute a command (recorded macros)? if you know what i mean ?

i mean to say that if the whole thing ends up being a fiddly complicated affair, then i might have to drop the project, because i’m not really a website programmer but rather a music programmer, i just wanted to create an interface to make my daily production work easier and more accessible, you know.

You can use statics/dynamic events with the app connect framework, maybe will be easer for you to read the docs about it, to determinate what you can and can not do.

I’m not a person (I think no one is) who can tell you what your possibilities are, but if something can be made with html, css, javascript then it can be done with Wappler.

The example that Max shows, is a clearly example, that his results needed javascript hand-code and not a Wappler way (but is possible).
But if we are talking about speed development, testing, events: Wappler is a great solution and even you can deploy it to a web/desktop/mobile enviroment

If you can wrap your head around Cubase you can use Wappler!

I remember trying to get Cubase working with an Akai S2000 and an 808 on an Atari ST in the early 90’s. Makes building an application feel simple in comparison!

:slight_smile:

1 Like

One last Question regarding desktop app (electron)
i had today also the same issue, is that normal ?
not that the problems of today could have anything to do with it, if you look this post below, please

I don’t know what to say about that, I never created a desktop project.
But if the error persists, you can bump the topic and wait for a solution from the team.

okey, thanks for your thoughts & time! :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Hello, where / how can i customize electron settings in wappler ? like to configure the size of the app etc…

Check out the official Electron documentation for examples and specifics not covered within the Wappler documentation.

hey thanks but, i just miss this option in wappler, as it has been described in the wappler documentation, do you know more about it ?

This option was for the older Cordova implementation. Now with capacitors you have other config files, the defaults should be all fine and otherwise check the capacitor docs

2 Likes

You can make all the changes you need in the config file for the application. Have a quick read through the documentation as suggested by George. Then just play around until you achieve the results you are after. Backup so you can revert back, and play around again. Rinse and repeat.

1 Like

thanks man! your tips always get me further :smile:

i got now this message when i hit run “Uncaught ReferenceError”

any idea?

Did you clicked the build button (hammer) first?

I’m not sure, I don’t think so… to your info, when i recreate this test app it repeats this error message (when i hit run again)

Can you hit the build button and after that, the play button?

you ask me to press ?

Yes, click the build button :hammer:
After that click the preview button :arrow_forward: