I Need A Rich Text Editor - More Than Medium, But Not Too Much

Hey everyone…

At the heart of my app is an email based messaging system for which I need just the right rich text editor for my users. Here are the features I need:

User Editing Features Required

• Bold, Italic, Underline
  • Left, Right, Centre
  • Numbered and Bulleted Lists
  • Change Text Colour
  • Links to web page
  • Images

User Editor Features NOT required

• Change Font
  • Choice of H1, H2, P etc
  • Tables

Output Format

• Either bbcode or HTML.

So Medium is far too simplistic: it doesn’t appear to give me colours, lists or images… but some other HTML editors give me too much…

So does anyone have experience with a rich text editor in Wappler which give me what I need but allows me to turn off what I don’t?

I’ve read the post about Summernote… it sounds like a good solution as the menus can be customised. @Marzio, did you get it to work successfully with images in the end? I recognise that the images should be stored as files. This is an important feature for me.

Many thanks!
Antony.

Summernote post:

HI Antony, these are all available in the MEdium Editor except the text colour. But there was a workaround for that as well on the forums here using CSS I believe. All the rest can be done with Medium Editor.

Oh, and output is HTML.

It’s not an editor I have used but I believe users have found integrating Summernote relatively easy

If you feel adventurous here you have a fiddle with spectrum color picker integrated with medium editor.

https://jsfiddle.net/ay9cLgab/11/

I don’t feel comfortable enough to start deviating from Wappler core files but I took a look at Wappler’s implementation and it is feasible indeed. Although this requires JS coding knowledge.

I agree! It would be great if QuillJS was baked into Wappler. :slight_smile:

1 Like

You may also want to take a look at this post:

There’s an alternative to medium editor in Wappler now - Summernote: