I have a Funny Question On Content Scheduling

In case I have a training of four videos but I want my users to access these viseos one video perday
for example if the user gets access to the program today, only video one opens after 24 hours then video 2 automatically opens and after another 24 hrs Video 3 opens automatically and finally video four opens still after 24 hours
so it literally takes four days for this user to go through the training but all done automatically

Can some one kindly help me by showing me how I can acheive this?
Which api’s do I have to write and How do I set it up?

First fast think is add to the user table , or any other table you can use for this purpose, like user_videos) 2 columns:

• video_id (thr video that a user watch per day)
  • datetime

Everytime a user click on a video then you will check in the above table if there is a record with the video_id and in the same day.
If exists, then show a notification and don’t show the video.
Otherwise, save the video_id and the current datetime will be saved in the above columns

Something likie that…

Just chipping in… Maybe assign three view tokens to the video on the set day. This way if they for some reason can’t watch the video in one session they have two further views available (for the set time period). So in theory you’ll have a video views table holding the user uuid and each respective video view (video uuid, view date/time contained), when the count is three for the user no more views.

2 Likes

thanks for the ideas @ famousmag and @Cheese but they have left me confused
like for real

The User has a time restraint on the video so there is a table that keeps this information along with the unique identifier for the User themselves.

id
video_uuid
user_uuid
available_from
available_to

Table data like so (example):

fdgdfg-sdfsd-3453-4535
assas–asasa-sasas-aqsasas
2024-03-14 00:00:00
2024-03-15 00:00:00

Then a views table which holds each view of the video as the User may need more than one viewing over their allotted time period (say the connection drops or another issue):

id
video_uuid
user_uuid

Each time the video is viewed this table receives an update (new record) with the User and video identifiers.

We use an Action to count the results based on the User and the video matching. If the count is less than 3 than show the video, if 3 then display a not available message (using a Conditional Region), and use the available from and available to (filter between) to dictate if the video is shown or not…

Something like that or there about.

:slight_smile:

Will try to explain more if you need me to tomorrow. I don’t, or rarely, drink. My 85 year old neighbour invited me around to share a cup with him which I could not refuse. Thus I’m a little skew-whiff right now if I’m honest!

:smiley:

4 Likes

Wow this sounds so intersting but mind puzzling as well
a video tutorial would be very much apperciated if you dont mind please but even if a video is not possible
I still greatly appreciate your advice
thank you @Cheese