I Cant connect to a Classic asp database connections (SQl Server)

i Cant Connet to a SQL database using Classic ASP, i tried to use relative and absolute path, nothing works, using PHP or ASP.NET proyects i can connect if change it from the proyect manager

Hi Daniel,

Could you please state how is your site setup exactly, more in detail?

1. Are you suing a local web server?
  2. Is the database server on the same machine or remote?
  3. What is the current target selected? What is its root folder?
  4. What is are connection properties?
  5. What error do you get when testing the database connection?

Be as specific as possible so we can help.

Are you suing a local web server?
yes

Is the database server on the same machine or remote?
local

What is the current target selected?

What is its root folder?
file:///C:/inetpub/wwwroot/apple

What is are connection properties?

What error do you get when testing the database connection?
error using this database connection!
Server Response : Unable to Connect [Microsoft …]

PS

But in Dreamveawer CC+ Works like a Charm

I am having the same issue with my local MS SQL server. I also need to change the details for the live server, which runs on local host IP address. When working in Dream Weaver I have the 2 connections in the /connections/ file with commented out sections for the local site connection for the live server, and vice versa for the local server. I can connect remotely to the live server, however I am usually quite mobile and that would mean continuous connection issues as I am not always connected to the internet.

Any assistance with this will be greatly appreciated.

When connecting via my database tool I connect fine:

but when using Wappler, I get an error:

My settings are the same for both (and also for DW)

Is there a suitable answer to this issue, as I really need to start using Wappler more and have some clients that still have classic ASP sites.

Is your site properly configured? I.e - are the ftp details for your remote server added, and have you selected remote target in Wappler, when trying to connect to your database?

Please check the docs:

It all looks fine from my side, both for the local and live site.

Live site:

If I use the live SQL server settings, I can connect, but I really want to use my local server.

So the problem is with the local target selected, when you try to connect to a server running on your machine?

Yes, that is where I have the issue and can connect to the live server, but that does not allow me to work “offline” when testing locally.

Remote server is fine: