Https://www.zdnet.com/article/what-is-a-software-developer-everything-you-need-to-know-about-the-programmer-role-and-how-it-is-changing/

834% Increase in demande for entry-level PHP developers since January 2020?

When was this article written?

Then I trace these figures back to Indeed website that collected the data for this survey and it says:

¹ Methodology: Indeed analyzed the percentage change in the share of job seeker searches for jobs in the technology category on its job search site from September 2019 to September 2020

We have to stop with the whole PHP vs Node running here in community. :sweat_smile:

2 Likes

A developer – also known as a programmer, coder or software engineer – is an IT professional who uses programming languages to create computer software.

Now that says a lot about the quality and research of this article :joy:

And that is just the first paragraph.

2 Likes

Good catch! I don’tknow what they were thinking about. First they talk about postings and amount of skill mentions and then just searches.

Methodology: We’ve identified which job titles in the tech category on Indeed have seen the highest percentage change in the share of job postings from January 2020 to September 2020. We’ve also identified the top skills for those roles by analyzing the most frequently mentioned terms in job postings for each job title from September 1 to October 1, 2020.

All in all that’s a great scientific methodology.

I am going to write quickly a bot that hits the search api with variations of ABAP roles :joy:

2 Likes

I was really confused until I saw where the “research” came from.
If you merely count Google queries, basically what they did, then I understand their PHP Developer roles increased.

"Is Emma Watson single?" Google queries are interpreted as –

*"

Emma Watson’s Availability for a Date

has skyrocketed since the Harry Potter films ended production!"*

2 Likes

:joy: :joy: