HTML Mailer - text content is not saving when adding only dynamic binding

Another issue here

I am using the mailer component to send details from a contact from (also saved into database table)

Everything works other than i can’t add more than 4 dynamic elements to the HTML email

Video below
email.mp4 (3.0 MB)

For information, i have been doing some testing. If i remove elements i can then replace them with others but always with a limit of 4 maximum dynamic entries in the html email body

Hi Brian,

Could restart Wappler with logging, reproduce the problem and attach the log here.

Version 1.7.5
Windows 10 Pro
@George
chrome_debug.zip (12.4 KB)

@George

Can I ask if you have got anywhere with this?
I am adding email sections to my current project so need to know if a solution is going to be in next update or if i need to program a fix to get around the limitation as time is running out

Brian

@Hyperbytes - after investigation it seems that calling the mail content editor dialog and just picking a data bindings and then close, isn’t seen as change and is not saved.

If you just add/edit some more content after you pick up a data binding - it should all save fine.

So you can do that for now and I will investigate further why picking just a data binding isn’t seen as change.

Let me know if this works for you.

@George , yes if i add a dynamic attribute AND make an additional change, even adding a space does seem to work.
I can work with that no problem.

Many thanks, simple and working solution.

1 Like