How to use paged query

Hi,
I would like to make my pages load faster by not loading all records. I used paged query and I extract only 100 records but the problem is that I have 3 other queries related to the paged query and of these 3 I cannot make paged queries because after the data detail it may not find the records. Anyone have a solution?

This is my api:

This is the code:

Hi. Could you give a bit more detail on what your setup does?
Screenshots are not very helpful at the moment.

Hi,
the first table show my paged query that i filter with the text input. Down there are two tables that appear when i select an item from the first table. I use data detail to do it. The problem is if i use also paged query for the two table under, data detail don’t work correctly because it load only a few record and it is possible that the item that i select it isn’t in them

Thanks for the explanation and screenshot - clears things a bit.
If I understand correctly: The issue here is that you load initial data, select a row, which fills the other two tables - but now if you filter the first table using search, you still want the data in two tables below to show information from data detail?

Yes i need to show the information from data detail. The only thing is the speed of the page because it is slow to load the first table. That is because the two query of the down table not filter directly the item but only in the table so in the serverconnect load all data.

How about not using Data Detail but instead create a query which returns a single record and then load that query when an item is clicked. So you’re replacing Data Detail… Select with ServerConnect Load.

1 Like

It is perfect. Thank you very much

1 Like

Exactly what I was going to suggest. :slight_smile:

1 Like

@sitestreet - I’m working through the same scenario could you share more details on how your suggestion

Hi Jim

Create your SC API with a database single query. Use a GET variable for the record ID. Then add the connection in your page but tick the box to not load it. Then, when a record is clicked, set your action to load the connection and put the id into the GET field. Then use that to display it on your page.

Hi Jon - thanks for the reply - I’ll get on this tomorrow and will update this with the results.

1 Like