How to use custom server for hosting

Hey guys,

I would like to use Contabo to host a project I have other than Hetzner or Digital Ocean, would anyone have a tutorial on how to use the external server other than those?

I’m doing it via docker with nodejs.

Thank you very much .

Oh it’s super easy. I have been using ionos since they include plesk license with their cloud service, and I love Plesk for managing my projects!

Basically, just lick on Cloud providers, select custom provider and click connect. It will tell you that the custom provider has been imported. Then right click on servers and import existing server. There choose any selected name, server username and ip address address to the server. Now, in order to complete your connection successfully, you will need to make sure you have ssh key imported to your server, it’s super easy, all you have to do is import ssh key matching the one imported to your ssh agent, and that’s it. From that point onwards you should be able to perform system check. And that’s it! :slight_smile:

Made a quick video for visual aid :slight_smile: Mind you, that server needs to have ssh setup prior to connection, otherwise it will fail :slight_smile:

1 Like

Please check:

and the parts explaining how to work with custom cloud providers.

Thank you very much, I’ll try it here

Does it need to have Docker installed?

Or would it only work with Ubuntu?

Once the system check is performed, I believe if missing, it installs docker for you :slightly_smiling_face:

There are other ways of managing your project via ftp, git,etc. without docker, if that’s what you’re asking. There are plenty of resources available of clearly explaining how to push/upload your project without docker :wink: