How to update the existing table data from a API result!

I have a api result which i stored in table 1(fields: code, rate), i have a another table called table 2 (name, code, rate, isOnline). i would like to update the table2 column ‘rate’ based on ‘code’ matching. could anyone explain me how can i do this?

Hi.
You can create a custom update query which will upate values from table1 into table2 as per your condition… if you know SQL.

If not, this is what you can try:

1. Add a query step to query table1.
  2. Add a repeat step and use above query as source.
  3. Add an update step inside repeat to update table2 field RATE by setting binding to rate column from repeat (not from the original query). In case the picker UI does not show that (there are some issues in latest update I see), you can just write {{rate}} in value part.
  4. Also in the above update query, add a condition inconditions tab to check table2.code = code column, from repeat. Again, write {{code}} in case the picker doesn’t work.

What this basically does is for each row in table1, it check in table2… wherever it matches the code value, it update the rate value in table2 with the one in current row of table1.

1 Like

yes i tried similar to your steps found issue as you say that latest version not giving the option to select the value. but im going to try the way you explained here, thanks for your time and explanation :slight_smile: appreciate it…

Please guys report this (explain in details in a separate topic what and where is not shown) so we can fix it if there is a problem.

This was already reported in 4.0.6 and probably fixed in 4.0.7.
I have not updated to either, which is why I have written “in case picker ui does not show”. One of my clients tells me that it does not work still.

In recent times, I have found that you guys don’t like bugs reported from previous versions, and a standard reply is to update and check again… Instead you should be testing on the latest version and inform if it has been fixed.
Anyways… Thats a rant for another post. :sweat_smile: