How to transfer files from docker to firebase

Hello,

I was trying to upload my website to firebase. I was following this video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jsyAgXyvoH4&list=PLUjqTJN3byC-4U6FX9_b-x46pdtffuyG-&index=6&ab_channel=Wappler until I found out my files disappeared in the project folder (in firebase). However, when I’m back in docker, the pages in the project folder show up. How do I transfer the files between different types of hosting?

Screenshot_368

Hi Jacob, firebase hosting is only for static sites so not a good choice for you. You might consider a docker instance on digital ocean since you can set that hosting up directly in Wappler.

1 Like

Not sure what’s going on, but I every time I try switching the hosting type in the server side back to docker hosting, it never saves. The dropdown always automatically goes back to “custom hosting” after trying to save it as docker hosting.

Now, none of the files in the database manager or project folder show up. Is that because the existing targets got reset when I clicked save?

If nobody has a better idea for you, I would restore your project folder back to where it was before you changed to firebase hosting.

Not sure how to, does this mean that my history got deleted too?

I mean go to your computer backup (outside of Wappler) and restore the project folder so you can get back to a working place. If that isn’t possible, then I would check directly with @Teodor to see if he can decipher what is going on.

I just restarted a new project, since I think it’ll be faster but at least I get extra time to review your course. Hopefully the glitch doesn’t happen again, but I’ll keep the forum posted