How to submit multiple rows of a table with checkboxes

I want to submit multiple rows from a table to a server-side action. This should be done by checking the checkboxes of the rows that needs to be submitted, and then the user should press a “submit” button.

This is what I want to pass to server-side:

I have already looked at the forum posts about this, but I’m not getting correct results and not sure why.

I’m also using a nested structure to submit the form, as mentioned in this topic.

This is what I have server-side:

Knipsel4

And these are the checkbox settings:

Knipsel2

Knipsel3

A live version of what I’ve made so far can be seen here, just in case that helps. Hope that someone can explain me step by step what I should do.

1 Like

Hello, which values of the selected rows do you want to submit? Just their IDs?
Do you send this to a database, using an insert record step?

I want to submit the values of the rows that are checked, of the columns: ‘SKU’ and the column ‘quantity’. It should be sent to a server-side API action, so not a database insert.

Ok and do you need to submit these values as separate rows or all as comma separated values?

• Separate rows:
1. SKU1 QUANTITY1
2. SKU2 QUANTITY2
3. SKU3 QUANTITY3
  • Comma separated list:
SKU1 QUANTITY1, SKU2 QUANTITY2, SKU3 QUANTITY3
1 Like

It should be separate API calls/rows

This is not possible only using the UI, due to the specific requirements of the API.
Maybe @patrick can be a be a bit of a help here :slight_smile:

And in case you need to submit it to a database as separate rows?

1. SKU1 QUANTITY1
  2. SKU2 QUANTITY2
  3. SKU3 QUANTITY3

Thanks. Will this be implemented in future versions?

Actually you can already do this now.

• setup to submit the whole for as multiple records update
  • attach enable/ disable one line form fields to the checkbox.

When you disable the form fields those will just not be submitted, so they you will have just the selection of the records that are checked.

Server side you can just update it to the database the same way as multi record submit. I think we have a tutorial for that in the docs

1 Like