How To Send Email That Is Populated By Two or More Queries

JR, the chances are that you need to change some settings returned in the mail header. Sounds complex. It’s not. What I mean is that you probably have the wrong settings somewhere in this area. For instance, having the reply-to the same as the to-name will not sit right with some email programmes and they will think it’s spam. Hope that guides you to the right place. Sorry, very tired now and going to bed :sleeping:

1 Like

The benefits of using an external SMTP server (rather than your hosting providers default server) are:

• Automatic checking of DKIM and SPF records
  • Ensuring your sender IP address is reputable
  • Not having to manage server security, firewall, ports etc.
  • Simple and quick way of checking analytics such as email opens, clicks, bounces etc.

Each mail provider will check email credibility in a different way, but they will all take in to consideration the sender IP address and domain name, DKIM/SPF records, email content and also HTML template accessibility. Although not guaranteed to arrive in the inbox, it will certainly help you to avoid the spam box.

2 Likes

Do you have a preference to which external SMTP to use?

For projects with low or no budget, I use mailgun.com. It’s free for up to 10,000 emails/month. Has a nice API and some metrics with their dashboard.

For mission critical and premium projects I use postmarkapp.com. Not free and doesn’t support marketing emails but has a high delivery rate.

Before moving to Wappler (from Bubble) I had to use sendgrid.com. They had a free plan, some metrics and also a template designer. Service was good but email delivery at times was slow, especially for transactional emails such as password reset.

I’m also considering using Amazon SES for my next project as it will be hosted on the AWS platform. Not free but very cheap, good delivery but no metrics. Must use the API, not sure if they have SMTP connection.

1 Like