How to play a video background

I have created a .php and added a container. I selected a background image and entered the source doc. The appearance was set to Max height and width. Display set to Responsive. It does not display anything. Only when you create a container and add an image from content does it work. I should also say that video is of a .mov. Attached are my settings. I look forward to any suggestions.

Hi Bruce, have you checked out this documentation?

Hi Brad. Thank you for the tutorial. I did exactly that with the one container that I had on my page. It did not work. That is what is baffling.

I might be wrong but I don’t think .mov is a browser supported format. Can you try converting it to mp4 to test it?

2 Likes

Hello,
Adding to Brad’s reply. Is your container empty? If yes then its height is 0, so even if you are using a proper video format you will see nothing, as the background video will also have a height of 0…

Either add some content in your container or set some min-height to it.

It’s the background video adjusting to the element’s height, not the other way around.

The answer is in this post

1 Like

It was indeed am empty container Teodor. I set a style element as you suggested and it did work.

Screen Shot 2020-04-04 at 11.52.04 AM

The question I have is when I have set the width and height to 100% max did this not resolve the issue? Also, I have noticed that the video does not play in the Design mode but does in the local browser.

100% height on an empty page is 0 again.
The height entered in % is relative to the parent height. In a html>body>container structure where no content is set, the height is 0. So 100% of 0 is … 0 :slight_smile:

1 Like

Sorry to come back to this question but I defined the min-width of the container 100vw.
In smaller viewport the screen doesn’t show the full width of the video ony a part of it.

Quick suggestion. I have not tried this to confirm. Establish a row height and it should work. Without a row height, it displays as an image with 0 height, meaning that you won’t see it even if it were there. Try that.

The height is not a problem because I put a title inside which I can make responsive to the window size.
But I want the width of the background video to be responsive to xs, sm, md to full size.

Does not work in a flex container right? I don’t get this option visible.