How to make a new content page in Node?

Okay, I’m stuck.

Here is what I have …

My layout (main) and index works just fine. But how do I add another content page?

Hi Brad, it’s quite easy:

Right click Layouts and add new page in order to create a new layout/main page:

Right click Pages/Views and add new page in order to create a new content page4:

And the documentation you linked to is quite up to date :slight_smile: Not sure what you mean it’s outdated / useless …

No screenshots or steps match what I have. (See my screenshot) Even the ones you posted just now don’t match.

When I create a new page for a content page it adds all the head tags and everything, not the Wappler comment code like on the index.ejs page. So how do you make it a content page?

Brad you need to switch to PAGES manager / view, so the screenshots match what you have …

Well, how about that. Didn’t even know there was a pages manager. That needs to be made more clear in the docs for us dummies. :wink:

Now it makes more sense! And I take back my comment about the documentation.

Thank you once again, now I can continue on in my learning node journey. :beers:

1 Like

You can also use the Add New page button in the top toolbar to add new pages:

And select the page type there:

Yeah, it’s easy as pie once you know all the details. It is in fact pretty simple and straightforward. Well done, Wappler team.

I just didn’t have that one detail of the page manager. Thank you again. Much appreciated.

1 Like

Haha, i remember you were quite against it when we introduced it back then in Wappler 3 :smiley:

1 Like

lol, well, I still much prefer the ‘Files’ panel. But in Node it looks like we have no choice. I would probably just use the ‘Pages’ when creating a new page then switch back. But, overall, I don’t hate it as much as I did on first impression.

How the heck did you dig up that dirt on me so fast? Haha …

I just remember you were one of the people not liking it much :slight_smile: No hard feelings! :slight_smile:
BTW, with node you don’t really need the files panel, it’s easier to work in the Pages view in my opinion.

2 Likes