How to filter a database query with text input?

Hello Guys,

Is “Filtering Database Query with a text input” dependent on table & activities done in https://docs.wappler.io/t/displaying-dynamic-data-on-your-pages/2871 tutorial or can we create it without this . Also, what is data & record in below screenshot…is it API & action, icon is not looking like API & steps though?

Inked2478f9acd4336f140edb6e69619c38d77f413bc0_2_410x500_LI|410x500 ,Thank you,AK

Well the principle is the same. The only difference is that for filtering you need to create a GET variable and setup filter conditions…

I don’t understand your question.

Thank you ,Teodor…Please see the below screenshot…, there is data folder and records file (which is highlighted) in server action.

Inked2478f9acd4336f140edb6e69619c38d77f413bc0_2_410x500_LI|410x500

My confusion is ,in last tutorial I created a server action and built an query. Then, assigned it to the table and added dynamic data…so for now next tutorial ,do I need to now create another server action and new query or I need to edit/addition in same server action and query…in nutshell, are both tutorial steps necessary for filtering-database-query-with-a-text-input? I am sorry ,I do not know how to put it properly…

You can just edit the current one, no need to create a new one if you don’t need another page/server action.

I tried to do the same however I am having on browser only a text input and below that code–

|#| First| Last| Handle|
|{{id}}|{{make}}|{{model}}|{{year}}|

I created a server action then built a simple query by using filter in condition then did as per tutorial however not getting desired result. I am attaching screenshots too for reference.

Please suggest…thank you AK

Is this a content page that you are trying to run in your browser?
Content pages need a layout page and need to be called from within the layout page.
You cannot run a content page directly in your browser like that.

yes, it is content page with layout none… while selecting the type there are 3 options–
1 content page,
2 layout page and
3 partial…
I choose content…so I can’t choose content page for content…so do I need to select option 2 and do the same procedure…?

You need a layout page. The workflow is explained here:

1 Like