How to add responsive big text

Hi guy, I don’t know if you remember but DMX used to have an extension for responsive text.
Is there a way to do this in Wappler ??

This extension is not available in Wappler, but you can just use media queries to set different text size on different screen sizes.
https://www.w3schools.com/css/css_rwd_mediaqueries.asp

Yes, I understand that, but there is a project I’m working on that would be great with the responsive text.
Is there now way of manually adding it?

See this

1 Like

No, but it’s really easy to style your text for different screen sizes using media queries.

1 Like

I have used vw and vh with text to make it responsive, not sure if thats supported in wapplers, but it should be fine if edited within the stylesheet.

Bootstrap v4.3 ships with the option to enable responsive font sizes, allowing text to scale more naturally across device and viewport sizes. RFS can be enabled by changing the $enable-responsive-font-sizes Sass variable to true and recompiling Bootstrap.

To support RFS, we use a Sass mixin to replace our normal font-size properties. Responsive font sizes will be compiled into calc() functions with a mix of rem and viewport units to enable the responsive scaling behavior. More about RFS and its configuration can be found on its GitHub repository.

2 Likes

Can responsive text now be done with the Theme Manager (Bootstrap 5)?

I want to have a header with an <h1> tag that resizes smaller for mobile. If not, how would I set the font size depending viewport size?

Hi Brad, please check:

You can just set in your css

.h1 {
    font-size: 1.5em;
}
@media (min-width: 768px) { 
    .h1 {
    font-size: 1.75em;
}
}
@media (min-width: 992px) { 
    .h1 {
    font-size: 2em;
}
}

…etc.

Thanks Teodor,

So what does Responsive Text Sizes in the Theme Manager do?

Screen Shot 2022-03-22 at 2.52.28 PM

1 Like