How much does AWS hosting cost?

Ok, I have spent the last hour and a half since 3.2.0 was released looking into AWS hosting and I am more confused than ever. All I want to do is find out how much it costs for a basic site with MySQL and Node.js.

Anyone actually using AWS? What kind of costs can I expect?

I would look into it for you but you will end up saying that your shared hosting is better :smiley: j/k

No person alive understands AWS invoicing.

4 Likes

You can go on long training courses just to scratch the surface!

The short answer for me is it will cost me more but feels safer and easier to understand as the interfaces are graphical rather then script based.

They have a good 1 year free tier options to try it out.

1 Like

Can you cap it so the site will stop working when resource limits are reached to avoid hefty bills?

It isn’t much and pretty flexible actually.
That is why we add it on the UI when you create an AWS hosting instance for Docker:

If you press the info button you will be lead to a very useful site for this:

https://ec2instances.info/?cost_duration=monthly

Disk costs are additional but also cheap - you can scale later on as you wish btw:

7 Likes

Not quite but you can set alerts up that trigger when to go X% over your set aws budget

Thanks George, that’s valuable information.

That’s really helpful. Thanks @George.

Hi @George.
Thanks for the above (new to Wappler). What if I want to choose a different size? Let’s say, an m4 for heavy compute? In the drop-down list I only see t instances, is that done for a reason?

Well we just included the most common used. You can always upgrade later on in the AWS console to a more powerful instance.

And if there are more requests we can also update the list.