How do i assign a dynamic value to a dynamically generated radio group?

Hi there

I’ve created a radio group on my page and populated it with radio inputs generated using a Server Connect and repeat region.

How do I assign a value to the radio group so that one of the radio inputs are pre-selected on page loading?

I’ve tried assigning a value to the radio group using the properties window in App Connect, but it doesn’t work.

Strangely, if I populate the radio group with radio inputs that I just enter manually rather than using the Server Connect and repeat region, then assigning a value to the radio group does actually work.

I created a test page for both of these if you would like to have a look?

Manually Entered radio inputs: adsdata.co.uk/dmx-test/test-radiobuttons-preselected-static.htm
Dynamically Generated radio inputs: adsdata.co.uk/dmx-test/test-radiobuttons-preselected-dynamic.htm

I must be assigning the value of the radio group wrong for the dynamically generated radio inputs. Can you let me know what I’ve done wrong or signpost me to a video showing how to do this?

i’ve posted this in the DMXZone support pages, but not had a response so trying here.

thanks
Bruce

Easiest solution is to call the setValue action of the radio group component on the updated event from your repeater. The problem is that the radio inputs are generated later due to the server connect loading and repeater.

Thanks Patrick. Will give that a go :slight_smile: