Hosting that seems to be too good to be true

Has anyone tried Orange Host?

Node.js hosting with unlimited databases for $1/month? Curious as to if anyone here has tried them?

3 Likes

Actually real price is $1.95. I hope someone test this and not been me the experimental bunny. Seems like a wonder deal.

Feeling lucky, Brad? :slight_smile:

There’s a 1 GB RAM limit in their specs table, so it’s not like unlimited unlimited, but spec-wise seems very nice. You can comfortably host like 3 NodeJS applications (300 MB RAM for each), and you can always upgrade later.

P.S.: Company is made in Delaware, so workers may be remote-based outside US. Delaware is known for being accessible to remote company formation. Despite this, the company looks professional

2 Likes

I have decided to take the plunge with my own personal domain. If it goes down it’s no big deal. Just have to wait for the domain name to propogate before I can test it. But so far I was able to connect to the database no problem with Navicat.

I will say that support on 3 or 4 questions has been very good.

Looks interesting! I’d be curious to know if their Node.js supports websockets on the cheaper plans. That was a stumbling block for me with A2 hosting.

That was one of the questions I asked and support said yes. I will be testing it once my domain name is transferred over and will update this thread with my experience.

2 Likes

Awesome! Thanks for being the guinea pig! :smile:

1 Like

Well, so far I don’t know what to think about this host. Sub Domains don’t seem to work?

(Links Removed)

Hi Brad,

The second url is working correctly.

They use off-the-shelf software (e.g.: cPanel), I find unlikely to be the host’s fault. Are you sure you configured correctly?

Thanks @guptast, what came up on the first link? Should have been just an empty site.

Did the sites come up for you, @Apple?

No problems, Brad. This is a screenshot of the page that came up on the first url.

1 Like

I have tried on two laptops, an iPhone and an iPad … none of them work except for one laptop in Chrome only. Wife’s laptop can get the cardstamps one in Incognito mode only.

I have no idea what is going on. Thanks for confirming it works for you.

Same as guptast

The “scientific” way to solve this, we need to see the network tab of the browser’s developer tools of a device that doesn’t load the page correctly, so we can figure if your host is blocking or something

I think it is an internet provider issue. I can connect no problem with my cell data plan and I have had others test locally that are on different internet providers and they have no issues. SO I think it is my Internet provider.

Thanks for testing! Much appreciated.

I can get to the root domain no problem https://www.lawryk.ca just not sub domains.

Your conclusion is not acceptable, sorry :sweat_smile:

Who’s at fault? Your Internet provider? Or your hosting provider that’s blocking your Internet provider?

For a proper diagnosis:

we need to see the network tab of the browser’s developer tools of a device that doesn’t load the page correctly

But if you don’t want to waste time on further diagnosis that’s fine by me :wink: I’m just trying to help you get an irrefutable/correct conclusion

It’s a DNS fault of the hosting provider, please open a ticket with them. Sounds like it was too good to be true then :stuck_out_tongue:

https://mxtoolbox.com/SuperTool.aspx?action=dns%3Acardstamps.lawryk.ca&run=toolpage

Interesting, why does it work for every provider except one that I can tell?

I think the hosting provider is the only one able to give an answer to your question :slight_smile:

1 Like