Hi - I've used Bubble... am thinking about Wappler

Hi there - I’ve been reading along with the Bubblers who moved to Wappler… Watched Wappler tutorials, read documentation, etc. Parts of Wappler looks amazing.

However… Some things seem (comparably) difficult by comparison. Yes, I’ve read all about the Wappler learning curve. And I’m not generally afraid of steep learning curves. I do not like however a complicated process where a simpler one exists.

Logins are an example. I’ve read the ‘secure login’ tutorials in both forum and documentation. By comparison, it’s insanely complex. Lots of other low code platforms literally have a login ‘modal’ or wf and that’s it. George’s tutorial has 20+ steps. And that’s just to get login up and running, not to cover all use cases.

I don’t want this to come across as criticism - bc it isn’t. It is asking a real question. In particular I am asking Bubblers who have used both?

Is Wappler full of these things that are super easy to do in Bubble but hard in Wappler? I get that Wappler handles lots of things way better than Bubble. And has lots of other strengths as well. But I look at the login flow and think… how many other things are there like this that I never dreamed could be so (comparatively) complicated? Are there lots of these things or only a few? Is it a case of ‘six of one, half a dozen of the other’?

Would really appreciate the help!

Thanks!

Hey, welcome to the Wappler world!

I think your phrase I’ve quoted is quite apt. Yes, looking at the details, some things are harder, some are easier. That can be debated all day.

But then you have to look at the bigger picture.

It is the flexibility, speed and control which are the game changers for the growing number of us who have made the leap and will never look back.

Plus new features coming at the speed of light and totally amazing support direct from the team, literally every day of every week.

We hope you will join us!

Best wishes,
Antony.

1 Like

Hi @scriptschool and Welcome :slight_smile:

Yes, I know what you mean but trust me, once you’re familiar with it, setting up a login facility on a new site really is just a few minutes. I spent what seemed like ages trying to get my first project secure with logins and now I rattle them out in no time. And once you’ve set up the initial security, securing pages and scripts is just a few seconds work.

Stick with Wappler, I know you won’t regret it. I’m one of the users who took months to understand how it works but now I wouldn’t use any other dev software at all and am back to enjoying development again.

Just finished my first week of real Wappler learning and yes it is harder to get started, but have to say learning how to create the login process was the best way to learn how it all works. Going through that process has taught me so much and now I am ready to dive right in.

I have been using Bubble for 3 + years and I have to say Wappler blows Bubble out of the water for what is possible and the piece of mind that all my hard work belongs to me and I can take it anywhere.

I have about a year to go to port across my apps and improve on them, but I would never go back to sticking with Bubble, not going to invest my time in someone else’s app, or pay insane hosting fees for bad performance and terrible support!

If you really want to learn how to build faster more agile apps and own the lot to do with what you want then here it is.

But, give yourself time, I have only been at this a week but in that short time achieved so much - including setting up app signup and better app security. But now I know I could do the signup process in minutes not days.

Give yourself a months pro subscription and then see what you think, you want go back!

2 Likes

@scriptschool

My friends already seem to have provided you with enough information. With Wappler, you can create many projects quickly, safely and by learning new topics. You can be sure about that .

All features added to Wappler are discussed and requested in the forum. More importantly, @george @patrick and @teodor perfectly evaluate new feature requests from users. You can be sure that it is not possible to make everyone happy, but I think a very very large group is happy here.

Hey thanks everyone for this input.

Really appreciate it. Some very useful information.

Cheers!