Heroku stopping with all free plans

Well seems Heroku is stopping with all free plans.

So long for forever free @JonL

Original message
——

Dear Customer,

Thank you for being a Heroku user. Starting November 28, 2022, free Heroku Dynos, free Heroku Postgres, and free Heroku Data for Redis® will no longer be available. You can learn more about these and other important changes from our GM, Bob Wise, on the Heroku blog.

Existing free dynos and Heroku data add-ons will be impacted, so action by you is required. To prevent any disruption to your apps or data using free plans, you will need to upgrade from a free plan to a paid plan before November 28, 2022.

For instructions on how to upgrade and for other questions, please visit our FAQ.

Thank you,

The Heroku Team

2 Likes

One more Node hosting option gone. This ends my Node learning journey :frowning:

1 Like

https://vercel.com/ seems like a good alternative.

1 Like

Thanks George. I will look at it further. Looks complicated to deploy and set up. Does it support databases?

Actually there are a lot of hosting providers you can use for nodejs. This one just was free :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Lol, not going to pay more for hosting than I am for Wappler. Wappler is at least worth it. :wink:

I think Heroku never announced it was a forever deal. Oracle was the one that did so.

Anyway, I am fucked :joy: I need to migrate a few pet projects now.

Probably related with the sad increase of energy prices.

1 Like

I’ve been using Render to host my projects lately and it’s been great so far. They have generous a free tier depending on the services you use.