Hello..new user from Bubble

Hi all

Just wanted to take some time to introduce myself to other previous/current users of bubble.

I became aware of Wappler through the bubble forums, and have been drawn to the tool due to many of the same reasons as others: performance, self hosting, power/control/flexibility, and the use of conventional programming frameworks.

With v3, and the Thursday releases, I can see that the product is evolving at a very incredible pace.

I’m at the very beginning of my wappler journey, and expect that I’ll likely be posting in the forum a lot more from now as I get started. I recall with Bubble that once things “clicked”, I managed to pick up a lot of pace, but then after sometime, started to feel constrained by bubble, especially from a performance perspective…the design UI was also tough.

I’m hoping that I can have a similar “Clicking” moment with Wappler, although certainly right now I’m feeling much less capable than I was when using Bubble. Looking forward to the day when my Wappler capability far outweighs my bubble capability (!), although currently I’m still struggling with the very basics.

Nice to meet you all!

Thanks,
matrix

3 Likes

Welcome!

You won’t regret the change :slight_smile:

I still haven’t seen a bubbler that does.

Thanks @JonL!

I’ve read many of your posts on this forum…can see that you’re a big source of Wappler wisdom here :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Welcome, echoing what Jon has said. As discussed on here a few times now, the learning curve for Wappler will probably be greater than that of Bubble but after a while it will click and you will notice the benefits of switching.

Feel free to ask specific questions when you need some help.

Welcome!

Welcome @matrix!

I recall one of us ex-Bubblers once describing their excitement at the data feeling like it was “flying out of their monitor”, things were so much faster than with Bubble… I have that same feeling every day, and it won’t be too long before I am sure you will to!

Best wishes,
Antony.

1 Like

Thanks all - look forward to getting started on my journey :slight_smile:

Welcome matrix.

As you can see there is a very good community here… so any problem can find the right solution.

And believe me, with wappler often solution is easier than expected !!

1 Like

Welcome @matrix, it has been a journey so far and made the switch 3 months ago now.

Since then I started to Master bootstrap, learn JavaScript and understand Nodejs, MySQL. Don’t let those terms intimidate you they are just things you build with!

Try and learn as much as you can from the videos and community, if you don’t know bootstrap well dive I would advise learning a little more about it in between building.

Want to understand how to translate a Bubble setup / workflow in Wappler ask it in this section as you get started.

You have come in at a good time, when all the bits and pieces are coming together in the one tool.

Cheers

Steven

2 Likes

Thanks @updates and @StevenM.

Nice to meet you both!

Welcome! Made the switch about 2 weeks ago :slightly_smiling_face: