@Andre, from my experience in web design & development, any time you pick up a new program, there is going to be a learning curve. When you are talking about building a custom, dynamic website that has many moving parts, the software needed to do that is going to increase in how steep that learning curve is.
With that being said, Wappler is a fantastic program for both simple web design AND very, very complex dynamic development. Keep in mind that this is in context of what we are talking about. Enhancing photos in Photoshop is not the same as modeling a 3D model. 3D modeling is much, much, much more complex. But a program that can do both things, might do both things easier than any other program, but users shouldn’t expect 3D modeling to be as simple as photo enhancement. It is just that 3D modeling is much easier on that program than other programs that do 3D modeling. It isn’t in comparison to how simple photo enhancement is.
Does that make sense? So, dynamic websites will never be as easy as design is. (Blocs is a design program.)
Here are some thoughts to help you:
- Get a trial for the Pro version. This will allow you to test it.
- Go through the documentation. You’ll want to see the basic parts, and also look at the user authentication, and the server connect parts. The documentation IS a series of SMALL TUTORIALS.
- Visit this forum often. We are here to help you. We want you to succeed!
- Break your idea down into simple parts. For instance if a user is going to login - then that is a single part of your application. Break each thing down into simple parts. If a user will add things to a cart, that might be a insert into database step. It is a single goal or a single problem you need to solve.
Breaking things down into very simple components will help you wrap your head around things easier. Particularly the overall project. And once you realize that many different parts are actually just the same thing done in different ways - that will help ease some of the anxiety.
- Realize that some things are going to take time to accomplish. Other things will be simple and fast. The complexity of any project and the time it takes to finish it go hand-in-hand. Even on the best software for doing it.
Welcome and I hope to see you around.