Has the database connection option gone?

Hi

After updating I was creating a new API in server connect and I noticed the “Database Connection” option is no longer available?

This is the one can’t find it anymore?

It’s not needed any more. You set it in the globals.

ah ok… was just habit setting it on each new API.

Does this mean I can get rid of this step in all the APIs?

Yes you can. There will be an option in your server action properties where you can select your connection. It doesn’t hurt to leave them there though. I generally leave them unless I am working on it. Then I remove it.

1 Like

Hello, I am an absolute beginner and I would like the documentation to be adapted to the current software versions! I searched for at least 4 hours in the web, in the program, in the community to finally read this post. If there is already a documentation, then an up-to-date one, please! Many Thanks

Hi @mcmlxxi, welcome aboard.

I am sorry to read that you are having problems. Wappler is a living program meaning that it is changing (read: improving) all the time. Updating the documentation is constantly being worked on, but this takes time.

If you have specific problems, you can always start a new discussion and contributors to this forum will undoubtedly help you.

A great resource is

Hope to see you soon with a new topic.

The database connections are now defined under globals, as explained in the docs:

so you don’t add a database connection step in each of your server actions.

1 Like

Hello, thanks for the answer. I know that Wappler is a progressive project and is constantly improving. Thank you also for the tip with the online course. The course is based on version 3.6, I am using the current version 3.8.2, are there any differences between the versions? Thanks in advance.

There will be some differences, but I do not think that they are a problem if you are just starting off.

hello ben, i have now got a pro subscription and experimented a little. meanwhile I’ve figured out one thing and the other. but i would still be happy to receive documentation that is tailored to the current version, i had to guess a lot and really try it out. i’m just a beginner and it’s not that easy to find my way around a new program. if the example pictures do not match what you see on the screen, it becomes particularly difficult for beginners.

2 Likes

Hey @mcmlxxi, I understand your frustration, and many of us have been in your shoes in the past.

The great thing is that most people are so helpful in the forum here, so I would recommend just posting a question here if the docs you have found aren’t quite up to date, rather than going round in too many circles.

You may get the odd bit of stick for asking simple questions that have a hard-to-find answer in some old forum post, but best to ignore that and ask anyway.

Give it a month or two and you will be flying… :airplane:

Welcome to our community! :sunglasses:

Hello Antony, what you write is absolutely correct, only I have an additional problem, I only speak English very badly and then I have to either have most of the things translated or guess what is meant. Certainly I can use the search in the forum and there are certainly nice people here who help me. I’m going to fight my way through there somehow and hope for the best.

I’d say your English is excellent. If you hadn’t said English wasn’t your first language, I would have assumed you are English :slight_smile: so I can’t see that being a problem for you learning Wappler.

1 Like