Has anyone hooked up a scanner to a wappler website. I'd like to have a file scanned then uploaded from my application

I’m looking at Dymasoft but it’s so expensive. Any other possibilities. Trying to go paperless here.

Also, still looking for a good way to save web page as pdf file other than windows(print),

Thanks,
Rick

Thank you, do you know if there’s a way to use this app through php?

Richard Roberts

Photographer and Filmmaker

image001.png

1587 Boston Post Rd B5

Westbrook, CT 06498

www.marsalstudios.com

860-395-9644

I think your question is different. What do you want to achive? Can you tell me more about what you want to do?

i have a small scanner hooked up to my laptop and I would like to write a webpage which would allow me to click a button and let me scan a document , name it something, store the filename in mysql and store the document on a network drive. I’d then like to call up the document within the webpage and view it from the application. Does that make sense?

Thanks,
Rick

Dymasoft is the only thing I know that can do this. Yes, it is expensive. We used it in the past with some .NET code.

you can do these, but you need to use libraries that will convert html to pdf. (You may also need other libraries of your needs.)

https://printjs.crabbly.com/

The Dymasoft solution will control the scanner, almost like a control panel in your web app. You can also have it as simple as a button that says “scan” and it will trigger the scanner to scan the document, and transfer that into a form field variable and then save to the database.

1 Like