Has anybody used "WebView" to wrap their site inside their mobile application?

Has anybody used “WebView” to wrap their site inside their mobile application?

As it feels easier just to do the complete site in bootstrap… and then just “wrap” it inside a “WebView” … as i dont have any native things…

as it feels like its a mission to build a complete wappler mobile site if i can just make a apk that brings in the site with WebView.

As with Flutterflow i can just add a “webview” component… is there such a way to do this with wappler or am i better off just doing this directly in android studio?

You can create a mobile project based on Bootstrap and build your app just as you are building a web site.

thanks Teodor… but i already have the website and its fully mobile… so the website is already done and working great… and i even made a PWA of it… but don’t want to redo it again… so was wondering if i can just “wrap” it within wappler… as the work has already done and i dont want to re-invent the wheel :slight_smile:

Wrapping your side in webview is exactly what the mobile frameworks like Cordova and Capacitor are doing.

So just create a mobile project in Wappler, choose capacitor and add your site as you normally will.

All the rest is then done for you.

Thanks George… is there some help document link to this or will google be my best friend? Or is there some sort of “extension” … that i can click on to ask for this in my mobile project setup?

ok i have created the mobile project… but how do i import the website via a webview… i could not find any component to do this? When i create the project should i select framework7 or bootstrap?

Sorry for ref flutterflow here… but this is how easy it is… how can i achieve the same? i dont mind doing 20 steps to do this… as long as i can do it in wappler.

Hi Mozzi,

You are not importing an existing web site, you are creating a mobile app that has all the functionality tailored for mobile inside.

If you just want to link an existing website, then you better just create a PWA

1 Like

Thank you George.

I got the solution here.