Guidance Needed: Deploying Wappler-Developed Node.js Application to On-Premises Test Server Without FTP

I’m currently developing a Node.js application using Wappler for our company, and I need assistance with deploying it to an on-premises test server. The server, which functions as another desktop, doesn’t support FTP methods. However, I have full access to it and can install necessary applications.

After installing Node.js on the test server, I’m uncertain about the steps required to deploy the Wappler-developed application onto this environment. Could someone please provide instructions or guidance on how to accomplish this?

Furthermore, thorough understanding of this process is crucial, as I’ll need to document it for our product support team for our production system, where I lack direct access. The documentation should include database scripts, executables, or installables, along with the deployment process.

Any assistance or insights on deploying Wappler-developed applications to a test server without FTP would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you in advance for your help!

1 Like

well if you don’t have FTP but your server is on your local network, you can make a mapping to it and just publish to that path.

Choose using “own server” in the project target and Access Type: local folder and choose the right path.

2 Likes

Thank you @George for your suggestion to map the server to a local path and deploy through Wappler’s ‘own server’ option.
I’ve followed these steps, but I’m still encountering an issue where the source code is being deployed along with the application files. I’ve double-checked the deployment settings in Wappler, but I’m unsure how to ensure that only the necessary files are deployed and that the source code is excluded. Could you please provide additional guidance on how to properly configure the deployment settings to address this issue? Any insights or tips would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you.

1 Like

Hi,

This is expected behavior, NodeJS is not a compiled language, source-code is visible.

Compiling a NodeJS application is possible using tools like nexe, but that’s outside the scope of Wappler tooling.