Google Cloud docker support?

Hi,

I was wondering if there are any plans soon to support Google Cloud as docker machine hosting provider? Would be really nice to have more options with regards to hosting.

1 Like

Hey there! Just adding a complementary question on it. Would Google Cloud Run (or App Engine Flexible) work as well? Those are vendor-specific solutions, but provide managed containers.

Personally, I like Cloud Run for its low pricing with low traffic: it bills only active requests. The downside is that background processes are not supported (we should go for App Engine Flexible or other Docker solutions to support it).

Thanks!

PS: I’ve seen another post mentioning something that looks like a different deployment process (maybe eligible to CI?): GOOGLE CLOUD: When and how?
Although this is a separate question, I’m highly interested in CI with Wappler, so if someone knows where I can find the tutorial about integration GCP / Wappler the post is mentioning, it would be great! :slight_smile:

Hello guys, It’s good to see GCP is finally being mentioned on the community.

I’m very interested in this topic. I posted a similar question a while a go, but it didn’t get much attention… How to deploy to GCP using Docker?

I have managed to host Wappler – nodejs on GCP AppEngine Flex. It works well with psql in Cloud SQL and private IP based connections to reinforce security.

Nevertheless, I’m still exploring to reduce costs… app engine flex is quite expensive.

1 Like