Good day to backup!

This is a public service broadcast…

Remember to backup before you install updates (or get in to the habbt of doing so at the start of every work day, not just for updates).

Well, just backup anyway just for fun and for the sake of it… Then backup again somewhere else just for fun…

:slight_smile:

3 Likes

And please occasionally test your backups!

Nothing worse than resorting to a backup and finding out you’ve got a corrupted file!

3 Likes

How do you guys approach backup?

1 Like

Working files are in Dropbox.
GitHub backup per day.
Separate hard drive backup per week.

1 Like

What about Wappler GUI?

No entiendo.

Similar here but Google File Stream instead.

I resist the urge to update the GUI immediately after release, the same way I leave updating my iOS devices for a week or two after an update.

LOL. Dos cervezas por favor.
I refer to Wappler desktop app(which includes the framework files that will be added on-demand to your project.

Desktop:
Github for code plus
Local time machine backup for quick restore of anything
Arq Backup daily for pushing critical files to Google cold storage in case of fire/theft

Server:
Daily backups of Virtualmin sites which includes sql dumps, site content, configs, etc. for micro repairs
Daily snapshots of Google Compute Instance in case of disaster

3 Likes

Thanks guys. Always nice to learn how others approach the same problem.

2 Likes

It might be wise to backup :slight_smile: Wappler 2.6 is a HUGE update! Online now

6 Likes

I’ve switched to uploading a new Wappler release every few weeks on a Monday or Tuesday.

1 Like

We run Acronis True Image for remote backups with each machine having two external drives (default set-up in our office). Each of our users also has access to their own secure area on our servers running OwnCloud for storage (used for years and has come a really long way), and others also backup to their own personal instances of Dropbox and other types of media including tape (some of the DBs we have are huge). Might be a little overkill but can never have enough copies when you need something!

1 Like