Geolocation permission 2nd dialog on iOS

Geolocation working in my mobile app, however on iOS I receive a second dialog requesting permission on subsequent app starts.

I initially get the expected

If I choose Allow Once, everything works and this prompt comes up each time as expected.

But if I choose Allow While Using App, it will work, but if I close app and start again, I get

I am seeing threads about timing of the geo request as it relates to deviceready so I am wondering if app connect is triggering too soon? Just a guess.

Ideas?

Thanks!

–Ken

Hi Ken,

Did you ever find a solution?

I get the first screen you showed then get the second screen straight after and it has annoying text which I can’t seem to find where to change - If anyone knows how that would be a good start :frowning:

CleanShot 2022-05-05 at 09.27.34

Google gives a number of answers but from 4 or 5 years ago (and most involve creating swift files and such.

Thanks,
Paul.

Hey Paul,

I don’t know for sure, but I can’t believe we would have released with this problem, so I’m guessing I did solve it, but I have no idea what the original problem was.

In looking at the code, I can tell you that in the end we used the diagnostic cordova plugin to trigger the permission request.

Thanks for checking Ken.

Since Wappler is moving to Capacitor I will have a deeper dig through their docs see what I can figure out.