FullCalendar Scheduler (Premium)

With the new integrated FullCalendar built into Wappler, I would like to make an official request to see the additional ‘Premium’ plugin Scheduler be added into Wappler.

"FullCalendar “Scheduler” is the name for a collection of premium plugins. There are currently two distinct plugins that provide new views, both of which are good at displaying resources (things that events can be assigned to, like rooms):

Scheduler is a premium product that has different licensing than the standard FullCalendar library."

It can currently be downloaded and used for free under a GPL License as per their website:

“Under the GPL license, you may use Scheduler without charge. You may even modify its source code and redistribute it under the same license. However, there is one big caveat. Any project that leverages Scheduler must be open source . So, if you have a commercial project, and you don’t want its source code to be released publicly, it is best to choose another license. This GPL license is directed towards GPL-compatible open source projects that want to bundle Scheduler.”

Not being an expert, that seems to indicate it could be built into Wappler to use all of its features, and for it then to be left to the end user to sort out any licences required if they were using it in a website/app that fell outside the GPL license.

I would love to see this in Wappler and know other users have also requested Scheduler.

Thanks in advance.
Phil

Definitely got my vote!

The full calendar integration is great, this would be a brilliant addition and I’m sure would be useful in lots of apps:

Staffing, room bookings, activity scheduling there’s lots of use cases for it. I have 2 projects on the go at the moment that need it and would love to see an integration to take them forward with!

In our context this would mean that you can use it in your Wappler based project so long as your project is OS. But Wappler can’t just integrate it in their UI as their project is commercial.

They would need to arrange something with them in order to integrate it while blocking it until a license is provided by Wappler’s end-users. A license for an OS project or a commercial project. But I don’t think Wappler can just added it and that’s it :slight_smile:

Anyway, you have my vote :slight_smile:

I’m sure you’re right, I guess I was looking at it from the perspective that you can use the source code freely and even redistribute it as long as the end user either keeps it open source or geta an appropriate license. But reading further I think that would only apply of all of Wappler was open source, not just the specific FullCalendar Scheduler JS files.

@George I know it’s early days with the votes on this, but with your knowledge of how Wappler works with licenses etc and that you’ve already integrated FullCalendar, do you think we could see a Scheduler integration in the future?

Well I don’t think we can integrate commercial plugins like this in Wappler due to license restrictions indeed.

You might try to ask the original author of full calendar if it is ok with him.

But anyway we have plenty to integrate so even if possible I don’t think we will get to this soon. The most requested and also license free products go first.

Ok, Thanks for the response @George. I’m sure there will be more votes i guess we’ll just see how it plays out…if it’s not possible it’s not possible.

1 Like