FTP connection freezes in Wappler 3.0.2

Thanks for reporting an issue! Spend 60 seconds reading this…

======== TEMPLATE BUG FORM ========

Wappler Version : 3.0.2
Operating System : Win 10 and Mac Catalina
Server: CentOS 7

Expected behavior

What do you think should happen?

FTP should connect

What actually happens?
Connection window freezes

Tried server model PHP and Node

Can connect without problem with PHP server model in 2.9.1

Bug report attached: chrome_debug.zip (3.1 KB)

Hi Brian,
Is this happening on a new connections only or also with old ones?
Is this only happening with this specific connection? And is this happening from this specific (virtual?) machine, you are running the beta on?

I’ve just opened a project, gone to the target FTP and can view everything fine, opening sub-folders, etc. and nothing freezes. I’m on Mac Catalina.

As per the video, firstly i set up a new site/ target on my main dev machine in 2.9.1 and it works great (have not upgraded that one yet)

I then installed 3.0.1 in a hyper-v session, set up the target/ connection and it failed

Thinking it may be linked to working in a VM, i tried A Mac with 3.0.2 and same happened, froze so confident running in a VM is not the issue

Would you mind sending me the ftp/login details in a personal message, so i can test this?

Just to confirm Brians findings.
I have found the same issue, also in 3.0.2, new project, new connection, and it is affecting FTP as well as database connections. Also tried the same on 2 different servers and get the same results as per the video.

We’ve already found the problem and fixed it.
The fix will be included in the next beta on Thursday.

2 Likes

Is it necessary to go back 2.9.1 for setting up new FTP connections or is it only an issue with certain configurations/OS’s etc?

No, the ftp works perfectly fine.
It’s the Test ftp dialog which has a small cosmetic issue, but it does not affect the functionality …

Thanks

Works ok in PHP @Tom, issue is related to Node

It’s not Node related. the issue with Test Connection dialog is on all server models.
It will be fixed in the next beta, this Thursday.

And once again - It does not affect the ftp functionality!

Thanks for clarifying. I haven’t experimented with Node yet.

Apparently the issue I am having is that Node needs some specific folders created before the FTP will work correctly so basically Wappler works but some manual server config is needed if using node for the connection to function correctly . They are going to produce a guide for that

1 Like

These are just two different problems.
The blank test connection dialog (reported in this topic initially) is a cosmetic issue in the UI. It happens on all the server models. It does show blank connection dialog but does not affect how your ftp works.

The other question (about the nodejs) is not related. Nodejs server does not use the same folders structure as your regular web server - you can’t just upload all the files in the public_html folder as the nodejs site won’t work.
It needs special setup depending on your control panel cpnanel/plesk. So the steps would be similar to: https://www.a2hosting.com/kb/cpanel/cpanel-software/create-application-with-nodejs-selector
and we will provide a clear guide on how to get your nodejs app uploaded to your remote hosting.