From zero to deploy in 10 minutes without breaking the bank. Wapploku.tk project

I owed you guys a tutorial on deploying a web app using just free resources while I debunk the myth that all this witchcraft is pro level only reserved for programming geeks.

One of the main concerns I hear from Bubble users is that Bubble handles deployment and infrastructure and they don’t have to worry about the hassle.

Well I got two questions for you. Do I sound worried while deploying? Does it look like a hassle?

So here you have a video of me deploying in 10 minutes to a cloud host using an SSL certificate and a custom domain. All for free.

https://wapploku.tk

Small F.A.Q.

Should I use this approach for a production ready environment?

Probably not. Even if it’s free this heroku plan is limited. Database is also limited in size. But you can always upgrade to a paid plan and increase the plan’s resources.

Could I use this for a personal project or for showing an MVP?

Be my guest as many times as you need. You could have 100 MVPs out there using these services without paying a dollar. One of them will stick eventually.

What services did I use?

Heroku: Web hosting and database provision
Cloudflare: CDN and SSL certificate
Freenom: Free domain
Github: Version control and deploying to Heroku.

15 Likes

Great tutorial Jon! Well done.

1 Like

Awesome work Jon! :+1:

That is a great full stack solution with awesome deployment that you are showing!
Very useful services! Maybe you could also do separate videos about the various parts more in depth, like setting up git/github, working with cloudflare, dns records, phpmysqladmin etc.

Maybe you should try also using the docker machine as well and some of the low cost hosting that I mentioned at :

1 Like

Well done Jon. Never heard of JawsDB before, may try them out in future for database hosting.

1 Like

Thanks. There seemed to be quite a bit of witchcraft going on - and I think it was at a pretty high level! You packed about a month’s head-scratching into a few minutes. Mind you, it will take a little digesting.

3 Likes