Form validation text type

The text validation “alphanumeric” does not allow a space during input and causes an error when filling out a form

• how do you allow for it when asking for a name that has a space in it i.e. in a name “first last” or even a company name that may involve 3 words in it - i cannot seem to find another text option that would work - or is there a different approach needed

Hi Norm!

Did you try “Letters or punctuation”?

1 Like

Thank You! for the quick solution - No I had not tried that - it fixed the problem. So grateful for you guys coming to the rescue. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

more:
any guidance on validation telephone numbers, street address with numbers and letters, postal codes etc - seems limited support available for these types on Wappler.

The way I see it, it would get too complex to implement every single case for validations.
I suggest, you try combining different validations. So for example for the phone number, set a minimum length and a maximum length plus the number or digit validation itself.
As for the address, I’d separate the street name and the street number. It is much more clean and also easier to process.
I guess postal code has a defined number of digits in your country so again, you can use min and max length for constraining the validation.

thank you for reply – will try as you suggest

Norm

Mr. Print

613.967.9553 800.883.3724

As @jowhiskey suggested the built-in options have to be limited. However, in effect, the options are more or less unlimited as you can use regular expressions (using the Pattern option). There are lots of examples online and testers like this.

1 Like

regex are the best!

Thanks guys I will look into those