Form validation rule error shown without any validation rules

Hi,

I’m running into a weird issue where a form gives an input error, but there aren’t any rules set or are deleted. I tried different browsers(chrome, firefox) and cleared cache, but the errors keeps showing up.

The error shows up when changing the value in an input field, it then shows the green check mark. and it changes when submitting the form to a red cross, but in the server connect there is also no validation being done. the form is also handled correctly and the database is also updated correctly.

does anyone have an idea how to solve this, is there maybe still a file that enables the errors which is not being updated when removing the rules?

i’m running Wappler version 1.9.9

Regards,

Nick

Hi Nick
Can you send a link to your page, where we can check this?

Hi Teodor,

I’m unable to share the site, it’s with inside a domain which is only accessible from within.

Are you sure there are no validation rules applied to any of the POST variables under Globals in server connect?

tripple checked, i initially thought it would come from there too. but that why i think maybe some fille still has this set and thus it’s showing. i had previously problems where a query would still be the old query and not the new one. until i dove in the json and saw that stuff was not set correctly.

So are you sure you are saving the server action, when you make the changes? And do you see the “server action saved” notification?

correct, and double check by selecting a different action(you get a pop up message). i have thought myself to always press the save button because i had to many times the issue with thinking that ctrl+s was enough but that only saves the doc and not the action.

What is the validation message that appears?

no message, only check mark or a cross when editing the field:

Are you sure your inputs don’t have some min/max attributes applied?

nope, three fields, all have no validation rules:

I mean min/max attributes applied somewhere in the code of the inputs?

Would it be possible to provide some access to your site for my IP, as we are stuck in a loop of guessing what could possibly be wrong?

Or at a minimum provide the block of code here for the form as well as all the screen grabs of the server actions possibly.
To paste code in here use 3 back tick characters at the start and another 3 at the end

a oke, no also not set, all three field have the same structure, just different references:

The only thing i did was create one(number validation to be specific), was not happy with it and removed it. and ever since then the issue started.

I which i would have those powers to grand and make that possible. then it would be easier yeah. but since it’s a 85000 head count enterprise, i can’t.

Here is the full code of the form:

<form is="dmx-serverconnect-form" id="serverconnectform1" method="post" action="dmxConnect/api/Data/Exam/Exam_Insert.php" dmx-generator="bootstrap4" dmx-form-type="horizontal" dmx-multi="true" dmx-populate="exam_select.data.query1" dmx-on:success="notifies1.success(&quot;Saved!&quot;)" dmx-on:error="notifies1.warning(&quot;Oops! something went wrong, please try again or contact the admin&quot;)">
                <div class="form-row">
                  <div class="col-sm-3">
                    <h5>Name</h5>
                  </div>
                  <div class="col-sm-3">
                    <h5>B-Skill</h5>
                  </div>
                  <div class="col">
                    <h5>C-Skill</h5>
                  </div>
                  <div class="col">
                    <h5>Prior Knowledge</h5>
                  </div>
                </div>
                <div id="record" is="dmx-repeat" dmx-bind:repeat="exam_select.data.query1"><div class="form-group row">
                  <div class="col-sm-3">
                    <input type="text" class="form-control form-control-plaintext" id="inp_Name" name="Name" dmx-bind:name="record[{{$index}}][Name]" dmx-bind:value="Name" aria-describedby="inp_Name_help" placeholder="Enter Name" readonly="true">
                  </div>
                  <div class="col">
                    <input type="number" class="form-control" id="inp_b_skill" name="b_skill" dmx-bind:name="record[{{$index}}][b_skill]" aria-describedby="inp_b_skill_help" placeholder="Enter B skill" dmx-on:keydown="exam.serverconnectform1.inp_b_skill.setValue($value)" value="0" dmx-bind:value="b_skill > 0 ? b_skill : 0"></div>
                  <div class="col">
                    <input type="number" class="form-control" id="inp_c_skill" name="c_skill" dmx-bind:name="record[{{$index}}][c_skill]" aria-describedby="inp_c_skill_help" placeholder="Enter C skill" dmx-bind:value="c_skill > 0 ? c_skill : 0"></div>
                  <div class="col">
                    <input type="number" class="form-control" id="inp_prior_knowledge" name="prior_knowledge" dmx-bind:name="record[{{$index}}][prior_knowledge]" aria-describedby="inp_prior_knowledge_help" placeholder="Enter Prior knowledge" dmx-bind:value="prior_knowledge >0 ? prior_knowledge : 0"></div>
                  </div>
                  <input type="hidden" name="_id" id="inp__id" dmx-bind:name="record[{{$index}}][_id]" dmx-bind:value="_id"><input type="hidden" name="PositionType" id="inp_PositionType" dmx-bind:name="record[{{$index}}][PositionType]" dmx-bind:value="PositionType">
                </div>
              </form>

and the screencap:

1 Like

On your second screencap where you are selected on b_skill, can you check the properties of that like my screencap

you mean like this?:

Yeah, should the form have any validation whatsoever, and is the validation error showing up on submit or as the field changes in real time?
Edit: if you do try and submit the form even with the field in red, what happens, does it give another error or does it actually submit?

no validation is needed. On loading the form, it shows the check mark, when changing it, then it changes to the cross.

Submitting does work and no errors there.

That’s strange.
Please try manually deleting the validator js file from the page and test again.

1 Like

i guess you mean removing the reference:
<script src="dmxAppConnect/dmxValidator/dmxValidator.js" defer=""></script>

Which cant be done, is keeps coming back on save.

removing the file from the folder, does solve the issue, but breaks the possibility to submit the form