Form Reset , Submit etc

I cant see submit , reset etc. in action panel…

Create form via generator or manually
set dynamic events
forexample success
I cant see any form in actions …

I think this is a bug I submitted recently:

It’s a pity a fix didn’t make it into today’s release.

Maybe it will be fix next update

Agreed I have also found a few missing ones, like trying to close a modal window on form submit too.

@psweb, to close the modal window, the trigger is the successful processing of the form:

and the action is to close the modal:

@s.alpaslan, I don’t see your form in the Available Actions panel as I do in mine:

I think you may not have given the form an ID:

Thanks @ben, that is normally exactly what I do, for some reason on 1.5.0 that Modal section was unavailable to use so I had to do it a different way, by adding and Action Toggle set to the Modal on the physical Submit button. It was very strange because that option was always available like is is now back in 1.5.1

Now the only thing that is missing is the form reset options, to be honest I could not really tell you exactly what is wrong, just seems stuff is missing.

I think I am going to try make a quick video, as I have heard people talk about stuff missing but i am unsure if the Wappler guys are fully aware of it and busy fixing it or if they are also unsure as to what is missing.

In the earlier thread I linked to above, I showed screenshots of the same file before and after the 1.5 update. The form related options are clearly missing following the update. The form had an ID.

@psweb, from what you’re seeing, has 1.5.1 fixed the problem (at least partially)? From the examples I’ve looked at, the issue hasn’t changed. This is all rather confusing, because @ben doesn’t seem to have the problem at all. Perhaps there are very specfic circumstances which cause it.

It does seem to me like it is slightly better than it was but certainly things do still seem to be missing in some places, unfortunately my non photographic memory could be to blame though. I am going to make a quick test with Wappler 1.4.0 to Wappler 1.5.1 on the exact same elements and see what I can figure out.

Ok I have made this video, unfortunately to get the video side by side i had to remote desktop into my one mac and use my 3840 x 2160 monitor to fit everything so if you are viewing this on a small monitor i honestly do not know how well you are going to see what is going on, sorry, I had no clue how else to do this.

Wappler 1.4.0 to 1.5.1 missing bindings.mp4 (162.4 MB)

That was extremely clear. I watched it on a monitor which is 3440 wide. (I’m jealous of the 2160 dimension - mine is 1440).

I am not sure if anything has changed since v1.5.

1 Like

I think i have my other laptop that might have 1.5.0 so I am going to try look at that, interestingly enough i tried to use the modal hide after success in 1.5.0 and the modal just never actually closed, so I do not think it was missing but rather not working as expected.

I landed up having to do this on the submit button to get what i wanted
<button type="submit" class="btn btn-info" form="scform_mail_list_update" data-toggle="modal" data-target="#modal_list_detail">Save changes</button>

Edit: as i get older and more blind i need bigger and bigger monitors, lol, this is a Philips 43 inch and was actually quite cheap, about 11000 rand, so that in any other currency is probably like 1 Pound or something, haha.

I didn’t change the submit button. I added this inside the form tag:
dmx-on:success="mdl_insert.scform_add.reset();mdl_insert.hide();sc_list.load({})"

Two of these actions (the second and third) can still be added in the normal way when you apply dynamic events to a form. The reset option, as you mentioned, isn’t available at the moment but adding it manually works fine.

(Your monitor is quite a good price here (UK) too - but quite a few pounds nevertheless. Wappler really benefits from a wide monitor. Like you, I always have the split option selected.)

1 Like

11 posts were split to a new topic: Monitor sizes discussion

This has been fixed in version 1.5.2