Form data to email not working

Please enable the OUTPUT option in the send mail step, so we can see if any error is returned:

1 Like

I have enabled output as requested. On another note that may be or not be related - I have been working with target selected as remote and when I just published/uploaded after making changes - i noticed that the remote files had newer dates then the local files - this confused me - so i switched to target:local and then uploaded/published site. Now all dated local/remote are synced which is good - but unfortunately they were the older local dates. Everything on site looks ok and server connect looks same. Thought i would mention it. (im confused with the target settings .

Hi Norm,
Switch to the target pointing to your site, and then upload the site there.
Are you sure you checked the output option in the send mail step?

please confirm: I am to switch target to local then publish or switch to remote then publish (did both to be safe and yes i checked mailer and output is selected as requested)

Switch to the remote and then publish.

done as requested - so moving forward work in local and switch to remote to publish

@Norm tell us then if it works, cause i had no luck with remote. Only with local mercury shitty Anno 1832 Mailserver i had some luckā€¦

Hello Norm,
There seems to be some issue with your SMTP server.
The action file returns no errors, so no error / nothing is wrong with your server setup:

If i try to recreate your action using your smtp address, username and a wrong password the action file immediately returns an error.

So please check this with your SMTP provider - it is where the problem lies. Tested with 3 different SMTP providers including google and it works perfectly fine.

1 Like

i reached out to me provider will get back to you soonest - thanks for investigating.

my webserver host replied/ā€¦
I see you are trying to use smtp.cliftondesign.ca. You donā€™t need to use that. Simply use ā€˜localhostā€™ port 25 - so I tried that and also server default and got the same results with developer tool - see attached screenshot with errors -

also see screenshot comparing local and remote files - dates are not synced ? this may be related and i am not sure why that is?

Well now the results are not the same - as you can see there is an error 500 now.
Clicking on the server action with the error in the network tab, you can see the error message:

1. message: ā€œfsockopen(): SSL operation failed with code 1. OpenSSL Error messages:ā†µerror:140770FC:SSL routines:SSL23_GET_SERVER_HELLO:unknown protocolā€

Please contact your hosting provider and provide them withe error ā€¦ maybe they gave you wrong details.
Or maybe you need to enable ssl?

Good morning Teodor
i meant i got same errors when i used suggested configuration local host port 25 and server default

• i see error unsure what to do with it

Have you tried enabling the ssl option? Maybe your server requires it? Maybe also port is wrong?

yes but just to be sure tried again using ssl and port 25 and 587 same error - will go back to her with error and see what she can find out
assume error is on server then - thanks will get back to you

on the matter why woukd files not be same dates after i publish site - that i dont understand

I don understand your question about dates ā€¦
As soon as you hit publish to the selected target the newer files get uploaded. This is not really related to the email case and there is nothing to worry about.

good to hear they are not related - but trying to understand ā€” should not the files on my local directory be same dates as on remote directory after publishing - cant get my head wrapped around that - to me it looks like the files would be different versions

Norm, i really donā€™t get what you mean.

I will try to explain once again.

1. You select your target (for example remote server).
  2. You select either the publish button to sync the whole site or you select a single file in the file manager to upload a single file to your target.

Thatā€™s how it works ā€¦ same as in DW.

I donā€™t mean to drag this on - i do understand your directions i got that - but even in dreamweaver i would check to see if files on server were updated and synced with what i was devloping on my local site. Further in wappler when i select publish i donā€™t see files updating so i sometimes check to see if new files were uploaded

if i work on a file locally and then save it - I would have thought the same creation date would be on both locations. It is working as you instruct but simply trying to understand why the different dates on the same files are there rather than just think thats the way it is ā€”i began as a designer first and IU apoprceiate and am trying to understand the coding ā€“ its a slow transition

You can see which files are being uploaded if you open the panel at the bottom of the UI.

Unfortunately i cannot answer this question as i donā€™t know what exactly did you do, which target did you work on, what you clicked, what you uploaded, what you saved etc.

ok - that makes sense but then how about this:

i normally try to develop locally then publish to a remote directory.
so i work with local target selected then switch to remote when ready to publish - and if i follow that ā€” all i want to know is why is there a disconnect on dates local/remote. if i am doing it the correct way (and i dont know what that is) should the dates be the same?
otherwise what is the correct procedure i should be following. sorry if i keep asking the same question but not understanding