First time user and *not* off to a great start :-(

Hi,
I’m not a programmer and have just installed Wappler v2.3.5.

Trying to follow the tutorial https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fTHshWOgCcU&t=28sto create my first bootstrap page.

So I created my first project, added the bootstrap 4 and the appConnect frameworks, and now I’m working on my first page, trying to put a header.

The video says that clicking on the blue plus sign in the middle of the page or the plus sign in the App Structure panel s/b equivalent. That’s not what I see.

Clicking the blue plus sign in the middle of my page opens a menu of components but there are no option for headers in it --there’s a menu option for footers, though.

Clicking on the plus sign in the App Structure panel has a “Header” icon under “Suggested” and also under “Layout” (albeit with different icons in each).
That said, clicking on either of them does not open the secondary menu shown in the video, with options for logo to the left, centered, logo and menu, etc. When I click on the Header icon, a blank header is inserted in the page.

So, what happened with the other options?
Am I doing something wrong?

Many thanks for your help,

Alex

Hi @aschoijett and welcome to Wappler !

When reviewing videos of how to do things in Wappler, I would recommend checking the date of the video because updates in Wappler are done on a weekly basis and some things featured in a video may no longer be available or have been improved upon.

To address your question, here is a screen shot of how to get to the header blocks.

1. Right click on App in App Structure (or where ever you want to put the navigation)
  2. Click on Blocks
  3. Click on Navigation
  4. The blocks that say N/A in red are not available.
  5. The other blocks provide you with the options you are looking for.
  6. Note: You can initially use a pre-formatted block and then move things around as you see fit.
1 Like

Found it! Sorry for bothering with simple stuff, but for a newbie, finding his way around is not easy at first :slight_smile:

Thank you deeply.

1 Like

For your info I an busy remastering all the how to videos to bring them up to date as a lot has changed since they were made a year ago.

5 Likes

Thank you for doing this. I’ll gladly watch them all!