Firebase Database connection

Is Firebase db connection available now?

Your doc said:
But don’t worry - soon we will be adding also Client Side Database and support for Google Firestore / Realtime Database - so you will have your database connections right where you need them to build even more sophisticated web sites and apps!

My question is : When this feature will be available?

We should choose Supabase instead of Firebase due to Firebase’s concerning pricing. I have experienced both and I definitely think Supabase is the way to go.

2 Likes

So, is Supabase supported in Wappler? That would be ideal, as we are using Supabase in our Flutter apps.

Would like to see Firebase implemented (was one of my initial questions when I started evaluating Wappler)

Supabase is nice, too. But for certain developments and infrastructures Firebase is still the better option (not only talking about RTD, but also analytics and Crashalytics etc.)

Hi @virtualitdept , @HeikoK
Firebase and Supabase both support REST APIs, which allows for some tasks to be accomplished. However, native support added to languages like Flutter would provide excellent support and flexibility for those developing mobile applications.

However, as I mentioned earlier, I am not very close to Firebase because of unpredictable pricing, inability to use on-premise, and several other reasons. But with Supabase, you already have all the features that Firebase has and it can be used on-premise as well. As someone who develops mobile applications, including those outside of Wappler, it works great with Flutter. Its best feature is the real-time database, but it seems like we are far from this excitement unless it is natively supported by Wappler. I hope @George is aware of this situation because real-time database is really needed when developing mobile applications.

1 Like