Finished my first website with wappler in four weeks

Just wanted to thank the developers and wappler community for putting up with my questions the last few weeks and for this amazing tool.

I was asked to build an online platform for our club to manage an offline team based game we plan to do. It started as a treasure hunt kind of thing but expanded. As i realized it was basically a CRUD i figured i could do it in wappler.

I gave up on wappler two years ago because i felt it was just too buggy and didn’t have a need for it. but i signed up again last month and it has changed a lot and for the better.

signup/login
view messages,missions and update profile, leaderboard
Added QR code generator, which they can scan and get points for.
Can send bulk sms to players (custom php)
Track payments with paypal IPN (custom php)
Submit images and missions for review
Masonry gallery
Responsive bootstrap, even the admin side, standard components
backend uses a lot of modals

and on mobiles it looks like an app with a fixed footer and icons for navigation and hidden columns. Each icon shows a column. on desktop all columns are visible.

I used php because that’s what i am familiar with on a docker locally but ftp remotely.

Hardest things was the SQL select statements i needed and still some bugs which i reported and got fixed. Even now latest version introduced new bug but worked around it.

My only negative point is that there is a a lot of guess work for how things work and the Docs are outdated.(like for Security) but the forum is a great help.

Anyway, i’m proud of what i managed to do and here is a screenshot. It went live yesterday. I am terrible at css and UI stuff so it’s very basic.

7 Likes

Nice work @Kattouf.

Great job. Thanks for sharing. :+1: