Filter by select

Hi all!

I seem to have some issues filtering a table using a select. I have my table set-up, which has an inner-join to a category column. I have a text input filter set-up to filter the name and reference column and this is working fine.

The select is set up to pull the name and value from the joined ‘category’ table (again working fine) and I have set up the query in the server connect (for the table) as select1.value. Nothing seems to be changing when I select one of the categories.

Any ideas where I could be going wrong here?

Thanks

Hello Craig,
Your select menu data source, must be a different server action, than the one you are filtering using it. Is that the case on your page?

So one server action, which is used entirely for the select menu and another one which is used for the data, you want to filter.

Hi @Teodor.

I have set this up now, so I have one server action (connection + query) for the dropdown referencing the service_category db table. I have another server action to populate the table, with the select1.value as a filter.

Still nothing happening, when the dropdown option is selected.

The service_category table has two colums, ServCatTitle and ServCatID (ServCatID is the foreign key on the ServCatID services table). At the moment, I have the select1 option properties set as Text: ServCatTitle and Value: ServCatID.

Could this be a problem with the join or am I missing something else?

Thanks

Craig

How is the table filtering set up in the query builder? Please post a screenshot.

Can you provide a link where i can check what happens on your page?

PM’d you

Hi guys, still stuck on this one if anyone has any suggestions?

Hi Craig,

Some things to look at in troubleshooting…

1. Look in your browser console to confirm the values you are expecting are actually being set on the select element.
  2. Also in the console, select the network action after performing the select filter and see if the value is being sent to the server… You can see this on the header tab.
  3. Your filter is an OR statement, so make sure the other fields are not impacting the results.

–Ken