File Taking 2 Minutes to Save!

My design file is now about 2,300 lines, and is literally taking 2 minutes to save!

Is this normal?

Can I do anything to improve this? Turn off some checking, tweak my laptop’s settings or something?

I’m running under Windows 10 with a 2 year old Dell XPS13 with 8Gb RAM, so a reasonably high spec machine…

Best wishes,
Antony.

What do you mean - is Wappler freezing for 2 minutes? What file is this - HTML, CSS ?

Hi Antony, number of lines in the code shouldn’t matter. I have a file with over 3,000 lines and it loads and saves within a couple seconds.

Are there any errors on the page or anything?

I believe you use Dropbox, right? Does this happen if you pull that out of the mix?

It is my index.php file.

I wait 2 minutes for the “File Saved Successfully” message to appear!

Not sure how Dropbox works but I use OneDrive as a back up and it doesn’t sync with OneDrive until the file is saved locally through Wappler.

Yep, they all should behave that way…just troubleshooting 101 to start eliminating things.

2 Likes

Hey, thanks for all your input!

Just did a big edit and maybe I was very slightly over-exaggerating… it took 63 seconds to save… but near to 60 seconds longer than I would have liked!

There are no code errors.

My whole project is within Dropbox. I put my index.php outside of Dropbox and got loads of messages about it being outside the project. It saved in about 5 seconds, so not sure what that tells us.

I restarted my laptop and just changed one character in the code and it took 15 seconds to save.

Something strange is going on…

@Teodor, could I send you a zip of the project file for you to take a look? If so, how do I do that? Via a pm?

Thanks!

Antony.

Man I struggle to get above 300 lines these days. What the hell goes on in a 3000 line page? I've just copied and pasted the same 300 lines x 10 and saved the file in barely a second or two, Windows 10, not using Dropbox, and this machine has no SSD, pure mechanics.. What OS are you running Anthony?