File opening with no content appearing

======== TEMPLATE BUG FORM ========

Wappler Version : 2.3.5
Operating System : Windows 10

Expected behavior

The contents of a file opened in Wappler should be visible in code and/or design view.

Actual behavior

Occasionally, no content appears.

I think most of these issues have been resolved now, but occasionally there are still problems. In this case, opening a file showed blank code and design view panels:

Doing a full close/restart solved the problem. I could be wrong, but I think I’ve noticed problems like this when I’ve duplicated a file, within Wappler, and opened the duplicate file.

Debug file attached.chrome_debug.zip (956 Bytes)

This happens on a Mac as well. Doesn’t happen very often but closing the file and re-opening it always brings it back. The first time it happened it scared the crap out of me.

Only seems to happen on one larger page (about 1500 lines of code) that I have noticed. Happens very rarely for me though.

Guys,
we need the debug log after this happens. So if you know when exactly this happens, restart Wappler in debug mode and try opening the file, then send us the debug log:

Hi,

The same issue happened to me a couple of days ago. I was thinking that I have maybe deleted and save the files … I had to add the contents again :slight_smile:

Ditto, same thing from time time, restart usually fixes it

Please state more clearly when this is happened.

• did you use the new experimental Monaco editor
  • did it happen after a fresh Wappler start?
  • was Wappler closed properly?
  • was the file saved to disk or was it dirty/unsaved
  • what kind of file were you editing?
  • did just closing the tab and reopening helped?
  • did you had the old editor inside maybe?
  • attach a log file

So guys please try to provide more details like this when replying. Just a general “mee too” isn’t very helpful.

As I mentioned before, I think each time it’s happened - only two or three times since the last update - the file which caused the problem had been duplicated from another file. (This may of course be irrelevant, and I’m not completely certain I’m correct that this was the case.)