Few questions on Server Side Data on Node.js

2021-01-31 (11)
So far from my practical usage, I’ve used Server Side Data for 2 purposes:

• To set dynamic meta, or
  • To protect content page with Security Provider SA

The question:

• How do I apply both dynamic meta and security on a content page using this setting since I can only pick 1 SA from here?
  • I have a detail page (type: content page) with no Layout (chose None) during the page creation - then the ‘Content Page Properties’ option is not available for this page App Structure. I purposely need an ordinary detail page independent from the layout page. So far only Content Page with Layout: None works, but there’s no option for ‘Content Page Properties’ there.

I also still couldn’t figure out how to visually use Global Output due to this bug.

Thank you.

1. You could call one SC file that calls a library SC for security and another SC for meta.

2. Or what I do is apply the SC security on the layout and the meta on the content page.

Or a mix of both.

Hmm, I’m about to start looking into this for our public directory built with Wappler/Node - but I don’t actually even have the content page properties, and if I use dynamic data - I don’t actually get the option for title on content page. @Teodor is this a known issue?

@transcoderm - I can see in your screen you have ‘title’ in your Server Side Data section, is this on a content page, (it looks like it is - but want to onfirm) - this is what I see:

Screen Shot 2021-02-01 at 11.03.34 am

Did you mean if I have a Security SC that includes the Meta SC from Library (using Include > Library step) that’ll work, which means that I can have both security and the dynamic meta applicable to the content page? Would try it out then.

Yes this is from the content page, but it’s not available under CONTENT PAGE PROPERTIES. In the main page, the title option is available under PAGE PROPERTIES.

@transcoderm why would you need server side meta tags rendering on a protected page?
Server site rendering for meta tags is used for SEO reasons or for sharing your pages on social media, so you ensure the title and description are rendered.

It makes no sense to have server side meta tags rendering on a protected page - neither the google crawler can access them, as the page is protected, nor you can share it on social media for the same reason.

1 Like

I didn’t read the request from a SEO perspective because if that is the case and as Teodor said it makes no sense.

I just assumed you wanted a nice browser bar title and a good bookmarking experience on protected pages.

Sorry I haven’t thought about that. I agree. Thanks you.

Yes indeed. This can be done usual way using dynamic attribute. I also imagine sharing a protected content page to my WhatsApp Group Chat and dynamic meta can be helpful to show instant of that particular page, but I also agree with Teodor and need to rethink how I think about it, properly.