Feedback on Mendix and Outsystems

Hi,
I read that a few people in this forum evaluated low-code platforms like Mendix and Outsystems. Would you guys be so kind as to share your impressions on those platforms? I’m particularly interested in hearing about the ease of learn and use and about their “raw power”.

Many thanks in advance,

Alex

No thanks. Both of those lock you into their systems. Huge disadvantage …

And look at the pricing for Outsystems per month!

1 Like

From my understanding, these two are extremely focused on enterprice and pricing reflect that big time. I did look at outsystems before Wappler, and i think for my app from bubble.io equivalent on outsystems was going to be like 15000-50000k usd a year. but that was just me looking into it quickly.

3 Likes

I have some experience competing against Outsystems in the enterprise space. It and other enterprise platforms like Salesforce are different classes of applications. They are Platforms as a Service (PaaS) targeted at enterprises normally for building internal applications and not really comparable to Wappler. They provide enterprise grade sharing and security models, run on infrastructure that is audited and backed up, lots of out of the box admin tools, configuration-based UIs, and enable complete customization if required. Most have portal products aimed at a company’s external customers or partners, that might leverage standard web tech but a lot of the tools will be proprietary. As mentioned above, lock-in is a real situation, and pricing is normally based on system users or seats. Different model to wappler entirely. With Wappler you have to build pretty much everything yourself including basic CRUD operations, all APIs, sharing and security model, all UI components, etc. but you don’t pay the heavy license for an actual product that your application is built on.

5 Likes

Pun intended or not…I’m stealing it.

Outsystems is way too enterpricey.

4 Likes

Thx for all the responses!

Any thoughts on how steep the learning curves are?