Failed to load resource - ERR_CONNECTION_REFUSED

Hi everyone!
So i’m trying to create a mobile app by following the docs – Total newbie!

I’ve setup both the Data Api and App projects, and created a server side action to retrieve a record from the database (Oh and this is all on my local server)… But when I try to use the action in my App project (via server connect), I get the error; ‘Failed to load resource: net::ERR_CONNECTION_REFUSED’.

Any idea on how to get past this?
Thanks.

Interesting. What are you using for a local server? If you are using WAMP/Mamp pro it should work. If you are using docker or Wappler own server I can see that being a problem because they aren’t actually running.

Hey Brad! :slightly_smiling_face:
So my data api project is Node (Wappler server I guess), connected to a local database via Mamp pro.

What do you think?

Yeah I think your API files need to be on a running server. I bet if you had the chance to send them to a live server it would work.

I could be wrong but I don’t see how the API files can run without being on a live server.

As soon as you close or change your project the local Node server stops running. So probably that’s your issue.

This has been happening to me today.

The local node server runs only when the project is selected.

So to use it as an API for mobile project you will need to deploy it somewhere first. So you will also have full url links that your mobile project can refer to.

Totally makes sense!
Thanks a lot @brad, @Teodor, @George

I have setup a new project with no back-end server and encounter similar errors. (Windows 10)

Is there anything else I must do to view the html files?
System check all green.
Target: Local