External Themes Not From Bootswatch

Hello community,

After looking into Wappler for the last couple of days, it looks like Wappler is an excellent tool for web development, but I’d like to ask is it possible to use truly external themes/dashboards, etc. with Wappler? Being out of the web development game for a while, I’m learning about Bootstrap and really liking the themes/admin dashboards I’m finding on the net that are Bootstrap 4 compatible.

It seems like with Wappler and the right Bootstrap 4 theme with many components and widgets that putting a admin dashboard site together should go rather quickly, but before purchasing external themes from a site like getbootstrap.com or another site, I’d like to know if there are any issues with using truly external themes/admin dashboards (not the built in bootswatch themes) and if so, what issues could I run into?

Thank you in advance

• Jason

Hi Jason,

Yes you can use any bootstrap 4 theme in Wappler. Just make sure the bootstrap 4 files are included the way Wappler does it.

You can even build you custom Bootstrap 4 themes. Ben wrote a nice articles about this:

1 Like